The women's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 win on Saturday against Onondaga CC in Syracuse to keep their unbeaten record intact at 6-0.
1. Maria Mott (Vestal, NY/Vestal) def Katie Ferrara (OCC) 6-4, 6-2
2. Molly Secord (Johnson City, NY/Johnson City) def Lindsey Cornacchia (OCC) 6-2, 6-4
3. Leigh Ann Hiser (Binghamton, NY/Chenango Valley) def Taylor Maxwell (OCC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Jill Burns (Johnson City, NY/Johnson City) def Aconda Williams (OCC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Madison Tassey (Binghamton, NY/Johnson City) def Adele Baptiste (OCC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Madison Brennan (Owego, NY/Owego Free Academy) def Brianna Overton (OCC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Mott/Secord (Broome) def Ferrara/Cornacchia (OCC) 8-2
2. Burns/Tassey (Broome) def Williams/Maxwell (OCC) 8-2
3. Hiser/Brennan (Broome) def Baptiste/Overton(OCC) 8-0
Secord improved to 5-1 for the season at 2nd singles. Hiser is 5-0 in 3rd singles and 3rd doubles, Burns, Tassey and Brennan all improved to 6-0 in singles and doubles. Mott and Secord are now 5-1 at 1st doubles. Mott avenged an earlier loss at 1st singles to Onondaga's Ferrara last time they played to improve her singles record to 3-3.
Broome's next match is this Wednesday in Utica against Mohawk Valley CC starting at 4:00 P.M.